Are you concerned about the high costs of carpet cleaning services?
The solution to cleaning can be found right in your own home.
Dirt is akin to thousands of tiny blades slicing through carpet strands. In this blog, we share some carpet cleaning hacks that you can use today
Walking across a soiled carpet grinds sharp dirt particles against the yarn, causing minor nicks in the fibers.
The luster of the carpet gets dulled as dirt damages the strands, making the carpet appear considerably dull.
This is why it becomes essential to uphold your carpet’s maintenance and upkeep.
ALSO READ: How to Clean Heavily Soiled Carpet?
While daily vacuuming is sufficient maintenance, it’s also vital to put on your cleaning gloves and thoroughly clean to get rid of that messy business.
These problems shouldn’t let you from buying an expensive carpet.
These damages are only effective when you don’t do enough maintenance.
Rather than hiring a professional carpet cleaning service for these silly damages, you can follow certain simple steps and tricks to increase the durability of your carpet and maintain its freshness.
See some of the carpet cleaning hacks that actually work, and bid farewell to your carpet cleaning problems!
What Is Carpet Cleaning?
Before looking on at the tips and tricks in carpet cleaning or carpet cleaning hacks, it is essential to understand the process of carpet cleaning and various types of professional carpet cleaning methods.
Carpet cleaning is the process of maintaining your carpet either by yourself or by hiring a professional cleaning service in order to remove unwanted dirt and soil from your carpet and keep it fresh.
There are many types of carpet cleaning methods that involve various machines and processes.
Some of the Most Popular Carpet Cleaning Methods are :
1. Dry Carpet Cleaning Method:
Dry carpet cleaning is the process of carpet cleaning where a chemical solvent is used to clean the carpet rather than water. As there is no use of water in this cleaning process, this process is known as the dry cleaning method.
2. Steam Carpet Cleaning Method:
The steam cleaning method is one of the most popular carpet cleaning methods where high-temperature steam is generated by machines and then cleaning the carpet with that high pressurized steam.
It is one of the best methods to kill bacteria and germs in your carpets and give your carpet a wet look.
3. Carpet Shampooing Method:
Carpet shampooing is a common carpet cleaning method used by most people.
Under this method, a professional will use their own company’s shampoo in order to remove dirt from your carpet.
Under any of these carpet cleaning methods, vacuum cleaners play a vital role in the carpet cleaning process.
Vacuuming the carpet is the first step in every carpet cleaning process as it removes large dirt particles and hairs spread over the carpet.
ALSO READ: How to Clean your Carpet without a Vacuum?
Now let us see some of the carpet cleaning hacks that can help your carpet maintenance at home more convenient.
Carpet Cleaning Hacks That Makes Your Life Easier
1. Tricks For Muddling Up Carpets:
- If you have dents of furniture over your carpet, you can try placing an ice cube in the dents and let it melt.
- Let the water has completely dissolved, wipe the excess moisture with a soft towel.
- Be careful with not applying much force, the carpet will dent again.
- Then you can place a wet towel upon the dented area and iron it back and forth.
- Stop ironing the place when the fibers feel almost dry. Allow the carpet to air dry before fluffing the area with your hands.
2. Baking Soda Has Some Magic
- Baking soda is a base that is quite useful and can completely remove grime and grease from your carpet.
- You should be aware that heavy and oily stains should never be allowed to sit on carpets for an extended period of time.
- Baking soda is the most convenient technique to remove oily smudges.
- Apply a big spoon of baking soda on the stain instead of rubbing it.
- Leave it for a couple of minutes to get the best results. The oil and grease will be removed without being able to settle.
ALSO READ: Why Do Carpet Stains Return After Cleaning?
3. Trick With Razor:
- A razor can be used as an alternative to a vacuum for removing hair and others from your carpet – especially pet hair.
- This is one of the easiest hacks on the list since all you have to do is run the razor over the carpet area you wish to clean.
- Even if you’ve just vacuumed, you’ll be surprised how much dirt and hair this can remove.
- If your vacuum doesn’t have a couch tool, you can clean your upholstery with a razor.
4. Home-made Carpet Cleaning Solution:
- By using this solution, you can accomplish the feel of professional carpet cleaning at home.
- Mix 2 tablespoons transparent liquid detergent with 4 tablespoons liquid all-purpose cleaning to make an effective carpet cleaner.
- In a bowl of boiling water, combine 1 teaspoon fabric softener and 1 scoop of bleach.
- Find and fill a spray bottle with the solution.
- Use it to spray on small portions of carpets at first, then move further with satisfying results.
- After some time, gently scrub it away with a stiff bristle brush.
ALSO READ: Why is My Carpet Hard After Cleaning?
5. Remove Nail Polish Stains From The Carpet With This Easy Trick:
- Rubbing alcohol or acetone is widely used to remove nail polish from our fingernails.
- Yet, if you spill polish on your carpet, that isn’t really the first thing you use to get rid of the stain because it could significantly damage your carpet.
- Instead, rubbing alcohol is an efficient approach to removing nail polish from a carpet.
- Let the polish dry on the carpet before scraping out as much as possible with a blunt knife.
- Gently dab the stain with a little amount of rubbing alcohol on a cloth.
- Keep at it until the nail polish has dissolved; the surplus polish will be absorbed by the cloth.
- If you’re worried about spoiling the fabric, you could also use paper towels.
6. A Bag Of Filter For Your Vacuum:
- An unclean bag, dirt cup, or filter may reduce the suction strength of a vacuum by 50%.
- The most common cause of bagless vacuums failing is because the filters aren’t replaced frequently enough.
- On bagless vacuums, replace or wash the filters every three months.
- It is also important to change vacuum bags once they are three-quarters filled.
ALSO READ: How To Get Smoke Smell Out Of Carpet?
7. Using Bicarbonate Soda And Rubbing Alcohol:
- Try scattering some bicarbonate soda on the rug or carpet and letting it rest for at least 15 minutes before vacuuming it up if you’re looking for a fast refresh to just absorb a foul scent.
- That’s all there is to it.
- Mix two cups of rubbing alcohol, one teaspoon of liquid dish soap, two tablespoons of ammonia, and drops of essential oils (to desired scent strength) in a container for a deeper homemade carpet cleaning solution, such as a homemade carpet cleaning shampoo that can be used with a steam cleaner.
- You should only fill the container halfway with the solution, so you may dilute it with warm water to the top.
- Add it to your cleaning machine’s tank to obtain the best results.
8. Ironing Can Remove Some Intense Stains:
- Using the heat of your iron to erase stubborn stains is one of the greatest tricks. However, because you don’t want to singe your carpet, it’s critical to employ the appropriate process.
- To remove any loose particles, begin by vacuuming the stain and surrounding area. Because dirt and other particles might get in the way, you only want the stain to stay. Next, spray the stain with a 1:3 solution of white vinegar and water.
- To preserve your carpet, place a cloth over the stain and iron it on the maximum steam setting after a few minutes.
- Heat and downward pressure work together to effectively remove stains without the need for continuous scrubbing.
ALSO READ: Best Way To Clean Carpet Stains
9. Use Shaving Cream For Common Stains :
- Dirt patches appear on lighter carpets as a result of increased traffic, dust collection, or accidents.
- Having children around causes highly obvious stains and grime. This can sometimes be frustrating, but shaving cream can serve as the optimum solution for these problems.
- Any kind of shaving cream will act as stain removal.
- The stain may be ancient, but the main benefit of spreading shaving cream into the stain and allowing it to sit is that the carpet feels smooth to the touch and has more fluff, and will easily get rid of the stained area.
ALSO READ: What are the Best Non Toxic Carpet Cleaners?
10. Home-made Vinegar Solvent
- Combine one part of distilled white vinegar and three parts of cold water in a spray bottle.
- If you’re cleaning a wall-to-wall carpet, you’ll have to refill the bottle multiple times.
- Using a spray bottle, saturate the carpet with the vinegar solution until it is completely saturated.
- Don’t overdo it.
- Use a grid to keep track of where you’ve cleaned. If you’re cleaning an area rug, take additional measures to avoid water damage to the floor underneath it.
- To begin breaking down the dirt, leave the solution on the carpet for five minutes. Blot the solution and dirt away with a microfiber towel.
- To rinse the microfiber cloth, have a bucket of clean water ready. As the water becomes dirty, change it often.
11. Get The Gums Out Of The Carpet:
- Just because getting gum out of any fiber appears impossible doesn’t mean it can’t be achieved.
- When the gums are still soft, the major issue arises. It expands, and treating it at that time may cause more harm than good, so you should allow it to harden instead.
- Rub an ice cube over the gum until it freezes, and you can scrape it off with a spoon, with close to no damage to your carpet.
ALSO READ: Are Carpet Cleaning Fumes Toxic?
Let’s Conclude Carpet Cleaning Hacks
These are some of the exclusive tips that we recommend you try to get your carpet cleaned at home inexpensively.
There is no home without stained or dirty carpets.
How you maintain it is the key to home decor.
By following these simple steps, you can attain the maximum durability and quality of your carpet.
We hope you have enjoyed our tips and tricks. Thank You.
Green Choice Carpet Cleaning is one of the best carpet cleaning services in NYC. We ensure to provide the most hassle-free cleaning service, at affordable pricing, using safe green cleaners. To get our service contact us.